A charming canal house, situated directly on the border of the Oude Rijn river on a quiet street in the city center of Leiden. This appealing, monumental canal house of approx. 115 m² has 4 rooms, is well maintained (completely renovated in 2013) and spread over three floors with a roof terrace at the rear.
A monumental entrance entwined with a vine leads you to the spacious kitchen area which covers the entire length of the ground floor. A cozy windowsill seat with handy storage space has been created at the front. At the rear there is a dining area with a large modern open kitchen, equipped with an island and built-in appliances. This includes a 5-burner gas stove with oven, a fridge with separate freezer compartment, a dishwasher and a microwave. A large skylight provides the kitchen with a lot of extra light. There is a spacious stairs cupboard in the hallway.
On the first floor, the living room is located at the front of the house and offers a beautiful view over the Oude Rijn. The fireplace with wood burner, the original wooden beams and the beautiful pine floor make this a wonderful living space. The bedroom at the rear can be reached via the landing. The spacious room has a charming mantelpiece and offers access to the attractive roof terrace. The kitchen can be seen through the walk-on glass on this terrace. There is also a toilet on this floor.
On the second floor there is a master bedroom at the front. The original beams are a true asset of this room. From this room you can also enjoy the view over the canal and the ‘Burcht’ of Leiden. At the rear is the third bedroom, which can also be used as an office. The landing has fitted wardrobes and space for the washing machine and tumble dryer. The modern bathroom has a double sink, shower and second toilet. The landing has pull-out stairs to the storage attic where you have additional storage options.
This house is ideal for anyone who loves everything that the bustling center of Leiden has to offer. Despite the quiet location, the shopping streets, supermarkets and a wide variety of cafes and restaurants are literally around the corner. Art and culture are also fully represented.
There are several bus stops in the area and Leiden Central Station can be reached within five minutes by bike. There are parking facilities for visitors and residents nearby and in the various parking garages.
– National monument
– Entire house
– Beautiful, South-facing facade with seating under the grape vine
– Low-traffic street
– Possibility to apply for a permit for mooring a boat
– Large windows with a magnificent view of the canal and the Burcht
– Luxury fitted kitchen with built-in appliances
– 3 bedrooms
– Working wood burner
– Living area approx. 115 m²
– Storage room in the attic
– Completely renovated in 2013
– Built around 1850
– No pets
– Deposit: 2 months’ rent
– Can be offered unfurnished or furnished (in consultation)
- Available 1st of August 2021
- Deposit 1 month rent
- Special Features - National monument - Entire house - Beautiful, South-facing facade with seating under the grape vine - Low-traffic street - Possibility to apply for a permit for mooring a boat - Large windows with a magnificent view of the canal and the Burcht - Luxury fitted kitchen with built-in appliances - 3 bedrooms - Working wood burner - Living area approx. 115 m² - Storage room in the attic - Completely renovated in 2013
- Cable TV
- Cleaning after Exit
- Cofee pot
- Roof terrace
- Roof Terrace
- Washing machine